The new version of the classic novel that conquered the world, with world-class stars in the lead roles, will again tell the audience how the fate of the girls from the March family has developed. The trailer for the movie "Little Women" (2019) is presented below, the actors are known, and the release date is set for December 25, 2019.
Rating of expectations - 98% (KinoPoisk).
Genre: romance, family
Producer: Greta Herwig
World Premiere: December 25, 2019
Release Date in Russia: January 30, 2020
Actors: Florence Pugh, Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Timothy Chalamet, Meryl Streep, Laura Dern, Bob Odenkirk, James Norton, Eliza Scanlen, Chris Cooper
The history of the March family has touched more than one generation of people around the globe. The plot of the picture was based on the real story of the growing up of four such close, and so unlike sisters. A new adaptation was released a year after the 150th anniversary of the release of Louise May Alcott's novel. Events in the classic version take place in the second half of the 19th century. Viewers will appreciate Meg's elegance, Joe's injustice, Elizabeth's kindheartedness, and little Amy's tricks. Girls will grow, fall in love, overcome difficulties and experience joys ... This film about such a simple and such complex life is able to touch and make you think about a lot.
Director and shooting
The plot was based on the novel of the same name by American writer Louise May Alcott. This biographical book is considered a classic of American literature. The director of the new film adaptation of the novel was Greta Gerwig. On her account such paintings as "Sweet Frances", "Jackie", "Madame America" and "More Than Sex." She also acted as a screenwriter of the picture, having worked on the material of the classic edition.
The producers of Little Women are Denise Di Novi (The Nightmare Before Christmas, Hurry to Love), Arnon Milchen (Fight Club, Once Upon a Time in America) and Amy Pascal (The Big Game, The Secret Dossier) . The installation manager is Nick Huey (One Night, Billions).
- Harvard, Massachusetts, USA (Concord, Massachusetts);
- Concord, Massachusetts, USA (Orchard);
- Lawrence, Massachusetts, USA (New York)
Actors and roles
It is worth separately highlighting a number of famous actors of the film "Little Women" in 2019 and their roles:
- Amy March will play Florence Pugh (Solstice, Lady Macbeth, Fall);
- Meg March - Emma Watson (all parts of "Harry Potter", "Beauty and the Beast", "Ballet Shoes");
- Joe March - Saoirse Ronan (Cute Bones, Amber City, Brooklyn);
- Theodore Laurie Lawrence - Timothy Chalamet ("Rainy Day in New York", "Handsome Boy", "Call Me 2", "Dune");
- Aunt March - Meryl Streep (“Bridges of Madison County,” “Kramer vs. Kramer,” “True Values”);
- Marmi March - Laura Dern (Twin Peaks, Jurassic Park, Guilty Stars);
- Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Nebraska, How I Met Your Mother);
- John Brooke - James Norton ("Lady Chatterley's Lover," "War and Peace," "Happy Valley");
- Beth March - Eliza Scanlen ("Sharp Objects");
- Chris Cooper ("11.22.63", "Bourne Identification", "Remember Me").
Viewers will be interested to know that:
- The novel "Little Women" was already filmed in 1994. The screen version was enthusiastically accepted by both ordinary viewers and seasoned film critics, and as a result the picture became Oscar-winning - she received awards in the nominations for "Best Music", "Best Actress" and "Best Costume Design";
- The history of the March family has for many years been included in various TOPs of family and teenage fiction and cinema;
- In the new film adaptation, the role of Meg was first supposed to be played by Emma Stone, but due to the busy schedule of the actress, Emma Watson took her place;
- Greta Gerwig could only be a screenwriter, but after the great success of Lady Bird, the filmmakers decided that the woman would not only work on the script, but also direct the project.
The cast and trailer of the film “Little Women” (2019) inspire great hope, the release date of the film is set for December 25, 2019. Film critics believe that this film about young women and great family values in the very first days of release will be visited by many lovers of family moving films.