Viewers are wondering if the channel “Russia -1” will be assigned to TV on the release date of the 2nd season of the Russian series “Nine Lives” (2019) with famous actors, whose trailer has not yet been announced. The project tells about the difficult trials of the protagonist, standing in her way to a happy life. The series premiered in 2019.
The rating of the first season is 6.6 (KinoPoisk), which gives hope for a speedy continuation of the show.
Producer: David Tkebuchava
Season 2 Premiere: is unknown
Actors and roles: Zoya Berber, Alexander Samoilenko, Inga Oboldina, Evgenia Dobrovolskaya, Valentin Smirnitsky, Yuri Nazarov, Valery Afanasyev, Sergey Chirkov, Julia Galkina, Alexander Makogon and others.
The main character wanted only one thing - a happy life, but her dreams crashed overnight. Now, in order to rescue her father from prison, the girl must become the wife of the unloved ...
Masha Trofimova was about to begin to graduate and get married. However, the happiness that seemed so close collapsed when unexpectedly a misfortune came to the Trofimov family - the heroine’s father was sent to prison. In order to free the head of the family, Masha’s mother weds her to the harsh farm owner Ignat, suitable as the father of a young girl. Sergei leaves his beloved, and the heroine has no choice but to marry Ignat.
A few years later, a long-time lover returns to Masha’s life, and his mother, who dreams of taking revenge on Trofimov. The girl loses everything overnight: the house, her son, her dreams, and the situation is also darkened by the fact that bandits and police are hunting for the heroine.
Director and crew
The director's place of the project was taken by David Tkebuchava, known for such works as Russian Translation, Still I Love, Fates Mysterious Tomorrow, Salamander Trail, Blue Nights, Retribution. He also acted as a screenwriter, and Alan Khurumov helped him in this (“The Rose of the Farewell Winds”, “Family”, “Nika”, “Cossacks”, “Between Us, Girls: Continuation”). The installation was answered by Irina Michurina (“Kill Stalin”, “Two Legends”, “Devil Hunt”, “Retribution”).
Actors and roles
The following actors starred in the first season of the series, who are likely to return to their roles in the sequel:
- Zoya Berber in the role of Masha Trofimova (Fartsa, Retribution, Real Boys, Happiness! Health! Retribution, Only Girls 2 in Sports);
- Alexander Samoilenko in the role of Ignat ("Children of the Arbat", "Fate of Mysterious Tomorrow", "Arrhythmia", "Salute - 7", "President’s Vacation");
- Inga Oboldina as Masha’s mother (Doctor Zhivago, Fir-trees 2, Living Pushkin, Tell the Truth);
- Evgenia Dobrovolskaya in the role of Sergey’s mother (“Heavenly court”, “Nine unknowns”, “New Year's commotion”, “Yellow tiger eye”);
- Valentin Smirnitsky (Fathers and Sons, Shield and Sword, Hunter, Love Out of Competition, Mysterious Passion, Self-employed Love);
- Yuri Nazarov ("Moths", "Apostle", "Sannikov Land", "Yellow Tiger Eye", "Bloodhound 2");
- Valery Afanasyev (“Between Us, Girls”, “Shirley-Myrli”, “Mikhailo Lomonosov”, “Embassy”, “Threads of Fate”);
- Sergey Chirkov in the role of Sergey ("Election Day", "Mermaid", "New Year's Planner", "Sky on Fire", "How I Became Russian", "Brownie");
- Julia Galkina ("Insomnia", "Artist", "Black Cat", "Someone else's Happiness", "Godunov");
- Alexander Makogon (“A man in my head”, “Russian translation”, “Shootout games”, “Sky on fire”, “Extra”, “Snoop 3”).
Did you know that:
- The first season consists of 8 episodes. Many viewers complained that the ending of the show was not disclosed, but the creators decided to reveal all the remaining secrets in the sequel, and in it there will also be 8 episodes;
- Director David Tkebuchava graduated from the directing department of the Humanitarian Institute of Television and Radio Broadcasting.
Viewers liked the Russian TV series Nine Lives (2019), which appeared on TV on Russia -1, the actors of the 2nd season are known, and the release date and the trailer for the continuation have not yet been announced. But the sequel is still worth the wait, because the ratings of the show were high, and the plot itself was not logically completed.