The cult black comedy of childhood may return to the screens in the form of the movie “Beetlejuice 2” (2020), the release date in Russia, the plot and actors have not yet been announced, the trailer has not yet been released. Fans still hope that the sequel will receive a green light, because the actors of the original part have repeatedly stated their desire to star in the sequel.
Rating of expectations of the premiere (KinoPoisk) - 97%.
Genre: fantasy, comedy, horror
Producer: Tim Burton
Release date: 2020
Cast: Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder and others.
The cunning specialist in the exorcism of the living will return again to complete what he started - to get Lydia as a wife!
The first film told us the story of a young couple of ghosts who decided to drive the new tenants out of their home. To do this, they turned to Beetlejuice, the treacherous deceiver from the underworld. However, he immediately laid eyes on the daughter of the new tenants - Lydia. A pair of ghosts quickly regrets that they turned to Beatlejuice ...
Director and crew
The director and one of the producers of the project will again be Tim Burton (Sleepy Hollow, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Big Fish, Dambo), whose participation so insisted Vayona Ryder. The director and he himself were not averse to returning to work on this film.
In the fall of 2018, Warner Studio announced the names of screenwriters who will work on the sequel. They became:
- Seth Graham Smith (“It,” “Clark and Michael,” “President Lincoln: The Vampire Hunter,” “Kids Games”);
- David Katzenberg (Footballers, Clumsy, It);
- Mike Vukadinovich ("Just kidding", "Runaways", "Remember again").
Seth Graham Smith, David Katzenberg will also perform as producers.
Actors and roles
In the original movie Beatlejus played:
- Michael Keaton (Dream Team, Jackie Brown, Batman, Birdman, Mercenary, Dumbo). The actor said that he was “ready to act even today,” and this film is the only one to which he returned with pleasure.
- Gina Davis, winner of the Academy Award, played Barbara (“A Long Kiss for the Night,” “Hero”, “Thelma and Louise”, “The Exorcist”, “Tourist Involuntarily”) also expressed a desire to play in the sequel, but she does not know whether ghosts are aging.
- Well, the main character Lydia was played by Winona Ryder ("Edward Scissorhands", "Night on Earth", "Black Swan", "Dracula", "How to Marry a Bachelor"). It is well known that W. Ryder and M. Keaton will return to their roles.
Did you know that:
- The sequel production was planned for 2013, but stalled due to Tim Burton's employment.
- Initially, the project was supposed to be a dark drama, telling about the ghosts of people whose souls did not find peace. It could be called "Haunted House" or the "Shroud of fear", but, fortunately, the subject has been changed.
- The original film won the Academy Award for Best Costume Design.
- Actress Eva Green ("Scary Tales", "Cracks", "Casino Royale", "Euphoria", "Dumbo"), according to rumors, wanted to get a role in the sequel.
Fans are eagerly awaiting the release date for the trailer for the movie Beetlejuice 2 (2020) in Russia, whose actors and plot have not yet been named. The fact that Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder agreed to star in the sequel, and the scriptwriters of the sequel appeared, already inspires hope for a speedy filming process.